Chocolate Walnut Hummus
Get your sweet fix without the guilt with this chocolate walnut hummus. Perfect as a fruit or cracker dip. Skip a few steps of preparation and get the perfect amount of sweetness by using our Honey Walnut Butter. Click here to view the recipe.
- 1-15-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed very well)
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups Nutty Gourmet Honey Walnut Butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup light coconut milk (plus extra if thinner consistency is desired)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, and process until smooth, or to desired consistency. Add additional coconut milk if a thinner texture is desired.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit or sugar-cinnamon pita chips.
- Store any leftover hummus in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.